Created in 1989, Care Initiatives
is the largest single operator of quality nursing homes in Iowa. We currently serve an estimated 3,000 older Iowans and through our 4 lines of service: Long-Term Care, Skilled Nursing Care, Hospice Care, and Rehabilitation. We proudly own and operate 44 nursing homes, 8 assisted living locations, six hospice office locations that serve 66 Iowa counties, and 3 senior housing apartments. Our headquarters are located in West Des Moines, Iowa. We are committed to providing compassionate care for Iowans through all of life's health transitions. All of our facilities are Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF) as well as Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF), providing regular medical, nursing, social and rehabilitative services. All of our facilities also provide professional nursing care for those who need 24-hour nursing services.
All Care Initiatives homes are:
- Licensed by the state of Iowa
- Certified by Medicaid and Medicare
- Members of the Iowa and American Health Care Association
- In compliance with all applicable fire detection and prevention equipment and meet all fire and safety regulations.
Although each home is unique, all Care Initiatives homes have a warm, comfortable atmosphere for our residents. Our goal is to make our facilities as homelike as possible.
- Private and semi-private rooms are available in most homes.
- Dining areas, recreation rooms, outdoor patios and lounges give residents a place to relax and socialize.
- Barber and beautician services are available for residents.
- We encourage residents to bring personal belongings to make their rooms feel like home.
Care Initiatives is a non-profit organization
. Our earnings are reinvested in our nursing homes and communities in the form of improvements, new facilities, staff development and wages, and new care programs. Since 1989, Care Initiatives has reinvested millions of dollars into the communities we serve.
- Since 2000, Care Initiatives has replaced 14 older facilities with state of the art new skilled nursing facilities
- We have increased the professional status of our staff through educational opportunities.
- Extensive renovations to care facilities are ongoing.
- We employ or contract over 100 therapists to provide physical, occupational, and speech rehabilitation services to our residents and communities.