Created in 1988, Care Initiatives
is the largest single operator of quality nursing homes in Iowa. We currently serve over 3,200 older Iowans and through 46 nursing homes, 4 independent living units and 3 assisted living locations. Our headquarters are located in West Des Moines, Iowa. We are committed to providing for the special needs of the elderly throughout Iowa. All of our facilities are Intermediate Care Facilities and all are skilled units, providing regular medical, nursing, social and rehabilitative services in addition to room and board. All of our facilities also provide professional nursing care for those who need 24-hour nursing services. All Care Initiatives homes are:
- Licensed by the state of Iowa
- Certified by Medicaid and Medicare
- Members of the Iowa and American Health Care Association
- In compliance with all applicable fire detection and prevention equipment and meet all fire and safety regulations.
Although each home is unique, all Care Initiatives homes have a warm, comfortable atmosphere for our residents. Our goal is to make our facilities as homelike as possible.
- Private and semi-private rooms are available in most homes.
- Dining areas, recreation rooms, outdoor patios and lounges give residents a place to relax and socialize.
- Barber and beautician services are available for residents.
- We encourage residents to bring personal belongings to make their rooms feel like home.
Like a majority of hospitals in this country, Care Initiatives is a non-profit organization. Our earnings are reinvested in our nursing homes and communities in the form of improvements, new facilities, high quality staff and new care programs. Since 1989, Care Initiatives has reinvested millions of dollars into the communities we serve.
- We have increased the number of units devoted to the care of Alzheimer's residents.
- We have increased the professional status of our staff through educational opportunities.
- Extensive renovations to care facilities are ongoing.
- We employ or contract over 150 therapists to provide physical, occupational, and speech rehabilitation services to our residents and communities.